Your Pay Is Too Small
Click on the link below to see our latest 2-minute episode of “DISCERN.”
“DISCERN” Episode 9: Alone??? Feeling Disconnected While Being Connected?
Hello GIVERS — Here is your weekly relationship contribution from GIVERS University.
- This Smacks of Entitlement. “I did it in the past so pay me for my past.” A person is not automatically entitled to higher compensation simply based on past experience alone.
- If experience means “Education,” this could also be a waste of resources since we have met many educated idiots. Knowing something is not the same as applying something. We are strong advocates FOR EDUCATION; however, this education MUST BE APPLIED to create real value or additional compensation. This is where great on-the-job training and upskilling come into play. “How To Do” training is the key here.
- If experience means “Time on the Job,” this could be a Taker mindset since there are many people who are simply taking up space on the job but adding little to no value. Basically, collecting a paycheck for just showing up (aka the “Clock Burner”). IMPORTANT TIP: Clock burners become known once once you observe them burning the clock … over and over again. A great tool here is to use the 25 Do’s in the GIVERS Mindset course as a checklist to discuss with previous employers. Ask them about the new applicants as you go through the checklist of 25 Do’s. This is a great DISCERNING tool for your toolbox.
- Simply because someone has done something in the past, does not mean that they will do it again in the future.
- No one is entitled. Everyone must produce results or make room for those who are producing results or teaching others how to produce results.
Don’t you agree with the following?
A person should be compensated based on where they are at the corner of 2 streets:
Street #1: Past Accomplishments, and
Street #2: Current & Future Results
Certainly, past accomplishments should be acknowledged and not ignored. If a person has accomplished a task in the past, then it does deserve consideration. They have shown that they can DO IT. They have learned how to do the task, and they have successfully completed the task at least once.
But this is only the first half of the consideration for compensation. What is the second half?
The second half is based on the results that they are actually producing now combined with future results as they are generated. To quantify these current results is a more accurate way of quantifying current compensation.
Certainly, those with the greatest past accomplishments PLUS the greatest current and future results should receive the highest compensation.
PAY FOR RESULTS (past, current, and future) AND PAY MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE TO GET THE RIGHT KIND OF TALENT ON BOARD … AND KEEP THEM.
If you like our latest “DISCERN” episode, you’ll love our YouTube channel containing other great interviews, trainings, and upskilling videos all made just for you. Click on the link below to visit the GIVERS University YouTube channel.
While you’re there …
- Click on the Subscribe button.
- Click on the Notifications icon and we’ll let you know when new videos are posted.
- Share the channel with others since you’ll benefit by surrounding yourself with more GIVERS and less Takers, so be a GIVER and share.
Did You Know That Discernment Is a Skill That Most People Lack?
What value do you place on your upskilling?
Is it worth $27 to find out how you can decrease your stress-level and increase your personal productivity? If so, then it’s time to enroll in the GU mini-course and really do something great for yourself.
So ask yourself …
- Do I really want to stop stomping out fires all day long?
- Am I really serious about my personal growth?
- Do I want to become more discerning so that I can function heads above most of my competitors?
If so, let’s go. It’s time for you to advance and upskill. Give it a go, just click on the link below.
Are you ready for “Your Increased Income & Increased Happiness” journey to begin?
From all of us at GIVERS University, have your best day ever!
Your Givers University Family
Online, On Site, On Campus