The following are the available E-Learning courses:
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Managers/Supervisors and Employees
- CCH's Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Program is the most effective way to create a respectful workplace and defend against lawsuits. The Supreme Court has held that employers can avoid liability for punitive damages by making good faith efforts to implement antidiscrimination programs. EEOC guidance now specifies, "an employer should ensure that its supervisors and managers understand their responsibilities?and that training can help achieve that result."
- Workplace Violence Prevention Training Program
- CCH's Workplace Violence Prevention Training Program is the most effective way to head off violence and defend against lawsuits. This program tackles a major and growing concern among all businesses, large and small: violence in the workplace. The cases you hear about in the news are just the tip of the iceberg. This cold and sobering aspect of business can be the most devastating issue to face your organization. With proper training, your organization can minimize the risk of violence that can disrupt productivity long after the outbreak occurs. This program addresses negative behavior and outlines the importance of creating a workplace that's respectful.
- Interviewing and Hiring Training Program
- CCH's Interviewing and Hiring Training Program helps to make sure your organization maintains the most effective hiring practices without exposing your organization to liability. Clearly, employment practices are one of the most closely watched and highly litigious areas facing business today. There's no question that heightened awareness by enlightened candidates leaves you with significant legal exposure to unlawful discrimination and negligent hiring practices. With the demand for quality employees increasing, getting the best people often makes the difference in giving your organization a competitive edge. Whether you're a large or small business, you cannot afford a misstep in the hiring stages. A respectful workplace starts with the hiring process. With proper interviewing and hiring training, your organization can minimize the risk of lawsuits and enhance the quality of your workforce.
- Discipline Training for Managers and Supervisors
- CCH's Discipline Training helps your organization deal with the difficult and thorny issues of discipline, while avoiding potential lawsuits. Disciplining employees is no fun. No one likes confrontation and, if possible, managers and supervisors would rather avoid dealing directly and honestly with employees. Plus there's a gnawing concern that legal problems may develop if mistakes are made during the disciplinary process. Disciplining employees requires that you comply with legal requirements and with your organization's policy and procedure. Done properly, you will have taken steps that prevent employee dissatisfaction following discipline and, importantly, help reduce the chances that your employer-and you-may be sued. Discipline for performance improvement is frequently the most economic path for your organization to take: It retains an already trained employee, saves recruiting and hiring costs and reduces turnover.
- Termination Training for Managers and Supervisors
- CCH's Termination Training helps you address the often-sticky issue of employee terminations without exposing your organization to liability. There is no more sensitive issue than terminating an employee. Actions taken in this process have wide reaching effects that will impact your entire organization. CCH's Termination Training provides the basic information you need to terminate employees fairly, consistently and with respect. It will give you a termination framework that will reduce emotional reactions and possible overreactions to events in the workplace. Plus, it will help you react professionally, even in adverse situations. Importantly, you will learn there are many steps that you can take to prevent employee dissatisfaction following termination?steps that will help reduce the chances that your employer-and you-may be sued.
- E-Mail and Internet Use Training
- CCH's E-Mail and Internet Use Training helps your organization avoid the risk of lawsuits caused by employee abuses of e-mail and the Internet. As your organization comes to rely more and more upon Internet technology in the workplace, the threat of a litigation stemming from an employee transgression grows geometrically. In today's Internet environment, you must have a policy and a training program in place to provide a credible legal defense. Without them, you could be in for a big surprise. Employees must understand that an inappropriate e-mail message can be construed as an act of harassment and discrimination. In addition, disparagement, libel and copyright infringement are all risks an employer faces, if employees don't understand the parameters of acceptable behavior. The fact is, e-mail can be subpoenaed and used in a court of law. Without the proper training, there's no guarantee of the outcome.
- Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Training
- CCH's Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Training helps your organization avoid the risk of lawsuits caused by harassing, discriminatory, and other inappropriate behavior. Every employee deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, and organizations benefit from a diversity of experiences and beliefs. A bias-free workplace promotes teamwork, encourages communication, and facilitates productivity, while creating an optimal environment for employees to perform their duties. Federal law gives employees the right to work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Employees must understand that inappropriate behavior, words, and actions can be construed as acts of harassment and discrimination. Proper training indicates an organization's commitment to cultivating a nondiscriminatory workplace.
Copyright © 2017 Magna HR.